Saturday, September 12, 2009

MY NEW NIKON D80 CAMERA

I just got my new Nikon D80 Digital SLR camera. It came with a Nikkor 18mm-135mm Zoom lens. The camera is extremely lightweight for a SLR camera, even with the Zoom lens. The camera can support over 43 SF Nikkor lenses available, in addition to the DX Nikkor lenses.The Nikon D80 has an 10.2 effective megapixel CCD sensor. It has an automatic ISO mode which automatically adjusts the light sensitivity from ISO 100 to ISO 1600 giving excellent results in all light conditions. Like all digital cameras, it has seven different modes (Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close Up, Sports, Night Landscape and Night Portrait), for different situationsStarting the Nikon D80As I turned the round power switch to the 'ON' position, I was amazed. The camera starts up almost instantaneously, requiring en eye-blinking 0.18 seconds only to start up and be fully ready to shoot! Now that is what I call FAST! My Kodak CX 6330 takes atleast 4 seconds to start-up. So the Nikon D80 is effectively ready to shoot in 0.18 seconds and you can start clicking pictures immediately.I put the camera in the 'Auto' mode, focussed the lens on the building across the road, and clicked the shutter release button. The Nikon D80 comes with a large 2.5 inch LCD monitor, and surprisingly the LCD screen is clearly viewable from a wide variety of angles. The results of the Nikon D80 are amazing! Any photo taken from the camera has a magical look and feel to it. Even ordinary subjects come to life with the D80. I am sure with a little practice, I will be able to shoot outstanding photos with the Nikon D80. I will be posting a more detailed review on taking photos with the D80 in the future.Transferring Photos from the Nikon D80 to your computerThe Nikon D80 has a SD memory card slot. I have a 1 GB SD card installed in mine. The camera connects to your PC with a USB cable. The file transfer process is extremely fast as it uses a USB 2.0 interface. I did not use the bundled software, instead I just accessed the SD card, which shows up as a 'removable drive' from the 'My Computer' section on my PC. I simply selected all the images in the folder on the 'removable drive' and copied them to my hard drive.Nikon D80 Battery LifeThe Nikon D80 comes with a high-power EN-EL3e rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The battery provides enough power to shoot upto 2700 photos on a single charge! Now that's battery power! A travel charger is provoded with the Nikon D80. You just need to slide out the battery out of the camera, slide it in the charger and turn on the charger. The battery took about 1.5 hours to fully recharge.First Review of the Nikon D80I am at a loss of words for the Nikon D80. With this camera, i am now able to shoot professional looking photos, without even trying! The camera is extremely easy to use, even for someone who has never used a SLR before. it has so many pre-set modes, that you can practically shoot in any light conditions using one of the photo modes. The Nikon D80 has some neat special effects software built-in. You can crop, brighten, sharpen photos right on the LCD screen without even having to transfer them to your computer! All in all it is a terrific SLR camera and is a benchmark for other 10 megapixel camera. The Nikon D80 is a very hard product to beat and has brought professional looking photography in the hands of a an amatuer like me. I love the Nikon D80 and highly recommend it to anyone looking for an entry to mid level SLR camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment